A recent study conducted on rats that have endured brain damage stemming from alcohol may possibly lead to a new cure for the treatment of neurological complications in patients. Donepezil, a pharmaceutical-grade drug that helps to reduce the effects of memory loss, dementia, and confusion in patients, was recently administered to rats that had experienced… read more
What Drug Treatment Facilities Are Available?
It’s well known that people who are suffering from alcohol or drug addictions should receive professional assistance immediately. But what treatment choices are available? Each treatment program has different forms of treatment; meaning that you should check out the different types and see which one suits your needs the most.
Despite their difference, each treatment facilities have the following similarities:
- Preventing the severity or opportunity of a relapse
- Maximizing multiple life functional aspects
- Achieving a substance and alcohol-free life and reducing substance abuse
Let’s look at the following drug treatment options are currently out there and how they are used to treat substance abusers. Knowing how each of them works will assist you in finding a reliable treatment center that can help you create an efficient recovery plan!
Types of Drug Treatment Facilities
When thinking about drug rehabilitation treatment, people start to think about private facilities. Think of them as a home away from home where patients can fully think about their own recovery.
In private treatment facilities, there is a staff that’s available at all times and is there to assist in treating the patients back into sobriety. Private facility treatment offers the highest quality and most directed support.
Make sure you do your research before entering a private treatment facility. The most important step is figuring out what facility you want to enter. Communicate with multiple rehabs before settling down on one. Ask all of the important questions you have during this process.
Also, remember that each treatment facility has different types of methods to assist their patients. For instance, they are offered in either outpatient or inpatient programs. Outpatient programs allow you to check in and out daily while inpatient programs allow you to stay at the facility temporarily.
While private treatment facilities have a high chance of assisting patients in the long term, they are very expensive. Private treatment requires both a serious financial and time commitment. Depending on if you use an inpatient or outpatient program, the costs will add up quickly.
Because of this, it’s recommended that you get health insurance. If you buy from the Health Care Marketplace, which is supported by Obamacare, it will fully cover the costs of addiction treatment.
If you meet one of these requirements, then you’ll be eligible for private healthcare:
- Lack of a support network
- Failed treatment attempts
- Extensive history of drug abuse
- Psychiatric disorders
Government-funded treatment is great for patients who want high-quality treatment but are unable to afford private drug rehabilitation treatment. Government treatment centers offer a complete treatment programs, some which are for the long term.
Here are the benefits of participating in government-funded treatment:
- Services are based on income or free of charge. Even if you do have to pay, the price is less high than private treatment. Most government rehabs provide for payment plans to assist with paying for treatment. There are some that act like non-profit facilities and don’t require any payment.
- Government-funded treatment is run by 100% certified professionals that are working to assist you on your recovery and help you create a sober life. Like other forms of treatment, it will teach you life skills to maintain sobriety and give you access to MAT.
- Since they are government funded, they are monitored for quality. If unsuccessful, they will close down immediately.
Non Profit Treatment
Non Profit treatment provides affordable treatment options and is located throughout the country. In fact, most locations offer outpatient and inpatient treatment facilities are tax-supported; meaning that there are no fees when you sign up for treatment.
No matter your financial status, nonprofit treatment centers help you and family members get the assistance that’s needed. This list will help you determine if you qualify for non-profit treatment.
- An assessment will be performed to assess your condition and see if you’re eligible to enter a medical treatment program.
- There are various financial requirements for each of these programs. You might have to give financial information to see if you qualify for non-profit treatment.
- Some nonprofit facilities have a waiting list. If the wait list is too long, you should search for another facility to seek other options.
- Seek your local services and ask for assistance and advice. The local office will give you necessary options and resources depending on your circumstances.
Short-term rehabilitation programs offer a brief, yet intensive level of drug and alcohol treatment. They were initially designed to fix only alcohol-related issues, but due to a cocaine problem in the 1980s, facilities decided to treat substance disorders as well.
On average, short-term treatment programs can last for 3 to 6 weeks. This is followed up by outpatient therapy and self-help groups to help users achieve a life of sobriety. During these programs, it’s important that patients partake in aftercare or outpatient programs. Doing so reduces the risk of relapsing and needing further rehabilitation.
Long-term residential treatment can last for up to 6 months to 1 year. They work by using the therapeutic community (TC) model which helps create a form of “resocialization” for the user and the entire treatment facility, staff, and other patients.
Addiction is seen through the patient’s psychological and social deficits and focuses on developing responsibility, accountability, as well as creating a productive and healthy lifestyle.
These treatment programs help patients examine their self-concepts, damaging beliefs, and reasons for their destructive behavior and adopt alternative, more positive ways to cope with their response triggers.
Many therapeutic communities give comprehensive services that include job employment training and other post-treatment assistance options.
Research shows that long-term therapeutic communities are modified to assist individuals with different needs. This includes homeless individuals, adolescents, women, and people involved in the criminal justice system.
Overall, there are a lot of ways to get help. Understanding that you have a serious problem with your alcohol or drug habits is the first step to achieving sobriety. In conclusion, pick the best treatment center that’s within your financial budget and the number of treatment days you’ll need to start living a drug-free life. Calling Detox of South Florida is a wonderful opportunity to start off on the right foot on the path to freedom.