Happiness refers to a mental or emotional state of well-being which can be defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. In today’s day and age, everyone is constantly in the pursuit of happiness. Many equate happiness to the constant pursuit of success coupled with perpetual restlessness. Albert Einstein’s Theory of… read more
Detoxification Herbs: Natural Body Cleansing Treatments
At Detox of South Florida we want our patients to live a healthy fulfilled life. Sometimes we want to write an article not strictly about alcohol rehab or drug addiction. Sometimes we want to write an article on living a healthier life apart from discussing addiction. So without further preamble here is out Natural Detoxing post.
Natural detoxification can be enhanced by the use of detoxif herbs. Each herb has specific benefits for different parts of the body. Numerous detoxifying herbs taken together will work synergistically for the best results. However, taking any one of them alone will also be beneficial for cleansing. Choose the herbs that best fit your situation.
Beneficial Detoxification Herbs
Detoxifying herbs can help cleanse the digestive system, intestinal tract, blood, and internal organs. They can be used during a pre-cleanse phase, or during natural body cleansing therapy. Always consult a qualified herbal or medical practitioner before taking detoxification herbs on your own, and never attempt to detoxify while pregnant or nursing.
- Aloe Vera– Destroys pathogenic bacteria, yeasts, viruses, and parasites, breaks down and removes dead cells and toxic substances, reduces side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Take 1-2 ounces of pure aloe vera gel or juice daily to detoxify the digestive system.
- Cascara Sagrada – Natural remedy for gallstones and liver problems, cleanses the liver and bowels, speeds waste material from the colon. Take a pinch of powdered bark in juice or tea 1-2 times per day.
- Chaparral Leaf – Diuretic, tonic, astringent, anti-inflammatory. Protects against internal parasites, fights infections of the intestinal and urinary tracts. Should not be taken by sufferers of liver disease or any liver disorders. Consult a medical or herbal practitioner for dosage instructions, as this herb can be toxic if taken in large amounts.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – Powerful antiseptic. Kills bacteria, yeast, viruses, parasites, and pathogens on contact. Take 600 milligrams per day in capsule form as a detoxification herb.
- Kelp – Contains nearly every mineral essential to human health. Prevents dietary deficiencies, corrects acid imbalances in the body, and pulls stored toxins from the body. Add to soups and stews, or take in capsule form according to the manufacturer’s directions for detoxification.
- Milk Thistle – Powerful liver tonic. Cleanses, stimulates and heals the liver. Scientifically studied as a liver cleanse herb in Europe for more than 45 years. Take in capsule or tincture form according to manufacturer instructions to improve natural body cleansing.
- Red Clover – Mild stimulant, antispasmodic, cleansing. With chaparral leaf, it’s one of the most widely used detoxification herbs. Well tolerated by children and the elderly, and wonderful for cleansing the respiratory system. Drink 1-2 cups of red clover tea per day for best results.
- Red Raspberry Leaf – Astringent and tonic. Strengthens the female organs and cleanses the entire system. Drink 1-2 cups of red raspberry leaf tea daily to detoxify the body.
- Sarsaparilla – Diuretic, tonic, stimulant, demulcent, digestive tonic. Drink two cups of tea daily, or take 25-50 drops of tincture per day for detoxification purposes. Do not take for more than two weeks without a one week break.
Herbal Detoxification Tea
Most all of the detoxifying herbs can be prepared in tea form, if done correctly. However, one of the most effective herbal detoxification tea recipes includes red clover and chaparral leaves. These herbs have a long history of use together as natural detoxifiers.
To make the tea, combine up to nine parts dried red clover with one part dried chaparral leaf. Add one teaspoon of this blend to a cup of boiling water and steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain, and sweeten with honey. Drink 1-2 cups daily as part of a natural body cleansing.